Shrimp & Veggie Foil Packets
About this time every year people go crazy trying to keep their New Years “diet” resolutions. They limit portions and live on salad, tuna, baked fish, baked chicken and veggies thinking they are totally depriving themselves.
This recipe for Shrimp & Veggie Foil Packets is the easiest and tastiest way to eat healthy, control your portions, and clean up! Because you package it, grill it, eat it and toss the foil in the trash! What could be better than that! Unless you make a double batch and freeze them for a quick last minute meal, at a later date, that is truly no fuss no muss!
When making these yummy Shrimp & Veggie foil packets, be sure to keep the veggies small, especially the potatoes. If the pieces are too thick the shrimp will be over cooked and rubbery by the time your veggies are done. And of course you can use other fish like salmon, tilapia, cod, or halibut. The cooking times will be longer so you don’t need to be quite so particular about the size of the veggies.
Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you have to forget about your grill! Use it!
- 1 1/2 lbs Large or Extra Large Raw Shrimp about # 24 – tails on or off – thawed if frozen
- 1 lb Asparagus Spears – small to medium thick. About 8 per person.
- 1 small Zucchini quartered and diced
- 1 small Yellow Squash quartered and diced
- 2 medium Potatoes scrubbed quartered and diced / peel them if you need to. I usually don’t.
- A handful of Grape or Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Olive oil or melted butter
- S&P or any seasonings you prefer
- Pre heat grill to 400° medium to high heat.
- Spray 4 large pieces of foil with cooking spray.
- Divide your chopped/sliced veggies and shrimp evenly in the center of each piece of foil.
- Season the layers with s & p or seasoning of your choice as you go.
- Top with the asparagus spears and grape tomatoes. And drizzle with olive oil or melted butter.
- Fold the sides to make sealed packets.
- Place on the grill seam side up for about 15 minutes or until the shrimp are nice and pink.
- These can also be placed on a cookie sheet in a 425° oven for the same amount of time.
- Remove from grill open and enjoy!