If you are new to my blog you might not realize yet that I am addicted to Mexican food! I mean really addicted! If you happen to be one of my long time readers then I apologize for bringing you yet another Mexican recipe. I just can’t help myself!
Any self-respecting Mexican food addict would tell you that you can’t possibly have too many salsa recipes in your arsenal. Since there are unlimited combinations for salsa and pico de gallo or Salsa Fresca , you could make a different salsa every day and never make the same one twice!
This Restaurant Style Fire Roasted Salsa is one you will want to keep in your salsa arsenal! It is one of the easiest, fastest and most flavorful salsas you will ever make! You simply throw all of the ingredients into your blender or food processor and whir up a batch of salsa in less than 5 minutes! Im not kidding! The catch is you absolutly must use fire roasted tomatoes, and be sure not to get the ones with any additional seasonings in them, they will not taste the same!
Keep this recipe in mind the next time you are having a Mexican food craving!
- 2 – 15 ounce cans of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno – ribs and seeds removed
- 1 lime – juiced about 2-3 tablespoons
- 1 small red or white onion -quartered
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 can diced green chilies 4 oz
- 3 cloves garlic – peeled
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 – 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Dump all ingredients in to a food processor or blender
- Process until you reach the consistency you like
- Adjust seasonings to taste
- Chill until ready to serve (if you can wait that long!)
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days