I don’t know about you but my family loves breakfast! Breakfast for breakfast, breakfast for lunch and breakfast for dinner! Which is awesome because breakfast is one of the easiest and quickest meals to make when you are pressed for time or you simply didn’t plan a meal for dinner! I always have eggs, bread and cheese on hand so a cheese omelet and toast can be a great dinner, and if you just happen to have other ingredients like ham, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, fresh spinach, green onions, salsa etc hanging out in your fridge then you really have it made!
I have to admit my family, especially the hubbster, is spoiled. I make real breakfast, and by real breakfast I mean some form of eggs, breakfast meat and biscuit, bagel, english muffin, tortilla or toast, at least 5 of 7 days each week!
The main problem with having breakfast that many days each week is I have to get creative with my breakfast menu. Mostly because I get tired of making the same thing day in and day out for over 35 years! So to mix it up a little each week I throw in breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches, biscuits and gravy and so on. The weekend, however, is completely different! I make quiche breakfast Breakfast Pizza, breakfast casseroles or huevos rancheros. If we are in the mood for something sweet I make pancakes, french toast, waffles, muffins or donuts! Like I said, my family is spoiled!
What I love about these Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sliders is they couldn’t be easier, but mostly it’s because they can be assembled the day before! Which is awesome in my book!
These would also be great for holiday breakfast when you need to feed a crowd or early morning tailgating! Be sure to keep these in mind when you want a quick breakfast you can prep the day before!
- 1 1/2 pounds of your favorite breakfast sausage
- 1 package of 12 Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- S & P to taste
- 12 slices of cheddar cheese, American, pepper jack or any combination you like
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Divide the sausage into 12 patties being sure to make them a little larger than the dinner roll. The patties will shrink as the fry.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, get the patties until completely done. Drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with the milk until well combined.
- Use the same skillet you fried the sausage in, because I’m lazy 😉, or use a clean one if you must, cook the egg mixture over medium heat until set.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray a 13 x 9 dish or didposable pan with cooking spray.
- Using a serrated or bread knife, slice the entire package of rolls in half lengthwise, separating the bottom half from the top.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in the prepared pan. If you are weird like me, you will eant to separate them to make them fit the pan. Please feel free to do so. It just leave them connected 😊
- Place one patty on each roll
- Divide the scrambled eggs in to each patty
- Top each with one slice of cheese or cheeses if you are using more than one.
- Place the top halves of the rolls on each sandwich.
- Melt the butter and stir in the syrup.
- Brush or drizzle the syrup mixture over the tops of the rolls, using all of the mixture. Feel free to make more butter/syrup mixture if you would like.
- Bake in pre heated ove for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops a re golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- These can be prepared the day before. Prepare as directed omitting the butter/syrup mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate. When you are ready to bake brush on the butter/syrup mixture and proceed ad directed above, adding 5 minutes to the baking time to be sure they are warm.